- Usb Joystick Emulator For Pc Emulator
- Keyboard To Joystick Emulator
- World Of Joysticks Xinput Emulator
- “Xbox 360 Controller Emulator” allows your controller (gamepad, joystick, steering wheel, pedals, etc.) to function as an Xbox 360 controller. It allows you to remap buttons and axes and to drive cars with Steering Wheel and Pedals or to fly planes with Joystick and Throttle in games like “Grand Theft Auto”, “Mafia” or “Saints Row”.
- The Vision-daptor is a USB interface for connecting many digital controllers to your PC/Mac, Raspberry Pi, or game console that supports USB HID. No driver is needed as the Vision-daptor is recognized as a USB HID (Human Interface Device) joystick. No need to reprogram the firmware just to use a different controller.
To play any PC game with USB controller, especially the old games, just follow this second trick. All you need is to download a program called “Joytokey” and then assign the Keyboard buttons of the game to the USB controller. This program will trick your game and let you play with your USB controller as if you are playing with the Keyboard.
Many other systems supported!
Visit the site Home Page
Usb Joystick Emulator For Pc Emulator
The Vision-daptor is a USB interface for connecting many digital controllers to your PC/Mac, Raspberry Pi, or game console that supports USB HID. No driver is needed as the Vision-daptor is recognized as a USB HID (Human Interface Device) joystick. No need to reprogram the firmware just to use a different controller.
Supported controllers (let me what other controllers you would like) -
- Intellivision, original & flashback - dongle available for using INTV-1 controllers without having to modify the cable
- ColecoVision, original & flashback, Super Action including spinner, Driving Controller
- Sega Master System: d-pad, Sports Pad (3040) in both Control & Sports modes, Paddle Control (HPD-200)
- Atari 7800 joystick & joypad
- Magnavox Odyssey 2
- MSX & x68000
To use the auto-sense, press & hold '0' key on controllers with a keypad, else first (top/left) button (Sega Genesis: START, MSX/x68000: both buttons) immediately after the USB is connected. Continue holding until LED is flashing. Do nothing and it will default to the last used controller after 3 seconds.
** Raspberry Pi ** You can go into the RetroPie setup optional packages and install jzIntv and CoolCV. You can find controller mappinghere (this for the Ultimate, but shares the same mapping). The mapping assumes the Vision-daptor will be the first joystcik (#0). If you also have other joysticks/gamepads connected, then you may need to change the joystick # in the mapping. For jzIntv, you need to manually edit emulator.cfg - see bottom of page here.
Some other Raspberry Pi projects -
- Supports all 16 directions of the Intellivision disc and the 1+9 keypad combination
- Works with the Coleco Super Action controller keypad that can be problematic with other adaptors
Special key/button combinations for activating emulator functions (start/pause/etc) such as on a Raspberry Pi system w/o any keyboard -
- Intellivison - keypad 4+CLEAR, 5+0, 6+ENTER activate PC joystick buttons 4, 5, 6
- ColecoVison - right button (SA red) + keypad 4, 5, 6 activate PC joystick buttons 7, 5, 6
- Sega Genesis - MODE + any other button (A, B, C, X, Y, Z, Start) activates PC joystick buttons 9 & up
Firmware is upgradeable over the USB.
Click here for more info on firmware versions and installing them .
Mouse output is used for the Coleco SA spinner & Driving controller. There is a joystick mode that is like the Roller Controller joystick mode to use the Driving controller with emulators that don't support mouse input - active by holding the keypad * for a couple seconds while plugging in the USB.
3/18/13 - Note on Coleco SA spinner & Driving controller - only emulator I have found that can support these is MESS, but as of version 148b, has a bug that makes it erratic at fast speeds. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future version.
Be sure to also check out the Ultimate PC Interface for Intellivision that supports connecting two controllers, and also Intv ECS keyboard and music synthesizer, and Coleco Roller Controller. You can find set up instructions and hackfile for jzIntv on the Ultimate webpage, about 2/3's the way down. It shares the same mapping.
Purchasing & General Adapter Information
Please visit the site Home Page
Help (including contact info)
Please visit the site Help PageThere have been a couple of cases of INTV-1 controllers having a different connector (middle pic below) that when installed on the dongle the order of the wires is backwards. These don't look like original connectors to me - I think they are replacements or part of an after-market replacement cord. To get around this, the key on the dongle can be easily pried off with a small screwdriver or tip of a knife blade. Alternate prying at each end, working it up a bit at a time. Once removed, you can then insert the connector on either way to then get the wires in the correct order.
Original green connector with correct ordering of wires (top to bottom - brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black, grey, clear/sliver)
Different connector - order of wires is backwards
Removing the dongle key
Keyboard To Joystick Emulator
After changing switches between modes, the USB cable must be unplugged and replugged for it to take affect!
World Of Joysticks Xinput Emulator
© 2012-20 - Hafner Enterprises LLC Some of my other projects