Table of Contents
FlexiCapture Engine 12 - Release 2 (08.02.2019)
ABBYY FlexiCapture Connector for Automation Anywhere RPA is a MetaBot that provides the integration between the FlexiCapture enterprise platform and Automation Anywhere Enterprise RPA platform to automate the processing of unstructured content—documents, images, and text—turning them into structured, actionable data. ABBYY FlexiCapture brings together the best NLP, machine learning, and advanced recognition capabilities into a single, enterprise-scale platform to handle every type of document. Available in the Cloud, on premise or as SDK.
Download the latest release:
FlexiCapture Engine 12 – Login needed
Free download of the latest distributive is available for ABBYY customers with a valid Software Maintenance Agreement.
Please contact your Account Manager for login information.
New Features & Improvements
- Flexible export options
Reduce the amount of storage needed for your documents! With our new export options, it is now possible to manage the size and quality of your output files to achieve maximum efficiency in your data storage policy. Export improvements include: ability to select PDF/A format during the export, export a tagged PDF, fast web view option for PDFs, ability not to write a BOM character on export to UTF
- Cloud deployment
Cloud environments are becoming more popular, and more customers are hosting their services in the cloud. The new FlexiCapture Engine can be run in these virtual environments, containers and virtual machines.
- Compatibility with FineReader Engine API
Take advantage of using powerful ABBYY solutions in combination to complete challenging projects!
- Data capture for different types of documents
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine provides tools for extracting data from fixed forms and semi-structured documents. All required data fields can be quickly located and extracted in an appropriate format.
- High performance and responsiveness
The performance and responsiveness of server applications can be improved by creating a pool of processors running in parallel in separate processes. Client requests processed independently by separate CPU cores, without having to wait in a queue, will make the server application more responsive. Alternatively, a single long task split into parts and processed in parallel can utilize the full power of multi-core CPUs, thus improving performance.
- World’s widest language base
Supporting 207 OCR and 112 ICR languages, FlexiCapture Engine simplifies localized application development, enabling developers to meet global customers’ needs more easily
- An extensive code samples library
A comprehensive set of code samples explain how to program using the SDK. Each library section has code snippets accompanied by step-by-step instructions on how to perform the relevant task.
- Improved OCR speed and quality
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine includes the newest version of ABBYY OCR technologies. With the new generation of core technologies behind the Engine, you can process Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) texts faster and with better quality.
- Image enhancement and quality control
Now you can improve images captured by mobile devices both manually and automatically. The feature allows you to work with complex backgrounds of documents like IDs, insurance policies, etc.
- 32- and 64-bit support
FlexiCapture Engine FCE supports both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture of operating systems.
- Automated document separation
FlexiCapture Engine can be used to separate documents and to identify document types.
- Visual tools for creating document definitions fast
FlexiCapture Engine features visual development tools that enable development, testing, and maintenance of highly accurate data capture solutions for specific document types — without having to write a single line of code.
- Creation of document definitions by training
FlexiCapture Engine enables developers to create solutions that automatically learn new document types and identify relevant fields for data extraction.
- Mobile data capture with camera OCR technology
FlexiCapture Engine provides enterprises and ISVs with a platform for fast development of data capture applications with mobile front ends.
More details about individual features and the latest release distributive can be found on the download page.
- Once you have downloaded and installed FlexiCapture Engine 12 you can find and start all pre-compiled code samples here: Code Sample Library
- Personal page
Each FlexiCapture user has access to his/her personal page, which is divided into the following sections:
Abbyy Flexicapture Tutorial
- Personal information. This section contains the name, e-mail address, and login of the current user. Click the if you want to edit your personal information or change your password.
- Available web stations. This section displays the web stations that are accessible to you. To open a station, click its name.
- Requests. In this section, you can request access to one or more web stations from the administrator. You can also see lists of active and processed requests. To request access to a web station, click the icon and specify which station or stations you need to access. Provide any additional information that you think the administrator will find helpful (e.g. the name of your department).
- Downloads. This section contains a download link that allows you to install the Scanning Station. Clicking the Install button will install the station on your computer.
Note: To find out the current version of the web station and the server, click the ABBYY logo in the bottom right corner of the page.
12/1/2020 7:04:01 AM